Waveny CNA School
Kathleen M. Fruin, RN Certified Nursing Aide School
Waveny LifeCare Network, Northeast Medical Institute, and Career Resources, Inc., with generous support from a private donor, have collaborated to create the Connecticut state-accredited Kathleen M. Fruin, RN Certified Nursing Aide School within the Waveny LifeCare Network Continuum.
It supports the current and future demand for frontline health care workers, due to the increasing national scarcity of high quality, compassionate nurses.
Our CNA School is administered by Northeast Medical Institute and housed at Waveny’s main campus located at 3 Farm Road in New Canaan. As part of the certification process, all participants in the program undertake comprehensive classroom and clinical rotations within the Waveny Continuum of healthcare services, supplemented by an equally robust curriculum consisting of organizational accountability, professional conduct and personal financial management training. Each candidate is paired with a staff mentor throughout the program to support their thorough acclimation to our dynamic healthcare environment.
The tuition and ancillary costs are fully covered by Waveny from Day 1 of training, including all program materials and textbooks, State of Connecticut CNA licensure exams, full benefits and a guaranteed position within the Waveny LifeCare Network once they are certified.
The tuition cost is fully covered by Waveny and includes all program materials and textbooks, one set of navy blue scrubs and access to the state of Connecticut CNA licensure exams. Students receive paid training, classroom and hands-on and are benefits eligible, with a guaranteed position within the Waveny LifeCare Network, once they are certified.
CNA School success drivers:
- Financial support: Candidates earn income from Day 1 as Waveny employees, receive free tuition and benefits, and are immediately “paid to train”;
- Flexible structure: Class schedules accommodate students’ time and financial limitations so they don’t have to work multiple jobs, worry about daycare availability, or how to pay for school;
- Comprehensive training: We provide training in two critical areas: Clinical/Operational orientation: 5 weeks of clinical training in skilled nursing, assisted living & rehabilitation, as well as In-services from dietary, spiritual services, therapeutic recreation, nursing, home care, and volunteer departments, and from our President & CEO; Life-skills training: Students are provided life skills training to improve test-taking ability, communication & computer skills, time management and how to operate in a professional work environment, through Career Resources Inc.’s STRIVE Soft Skills Training;
- Consistent programming: Weekly, centralized orientations within the same facility as coursework/skills lab for current training, and continuing education for LPN, and then RN school;
- Mentorship-driven: One-on-one pairing of tenured, active nurses with CNA candidates and individualized support from an RN with an MSN (MS in nursing degree) and 20+ years’ experience;
- Targeted counseling: Candidates are introduced to Open Doors in Norwalk, a resource for people dealing with poverty and homelessness in the greater Norwalk area, to receive comprehensive case management services, housing needs assessments, childcare, clothing, as well as one-on-one financial coaching and financial literacy through its Financial Opportunity Center.
If you would like infomation about how to enroll in the program or to reserve your spot, fill in the form below and upload your resume, we will be in touch shortly!